Friday, September 18, 2009

Day in the Park


How sad is it that I JUST found a tiny little park that is 4 blocks from my house. Normally when I take the kids for a walk in our development, I always turn left at the end of the road. For some reason the other day I turned right and as soon as I turned the corner I found this tiny little park that has (2) baby swings, (2) big kid swings, a small jungle gym and a slide for bigger kids and for smaller kids. Plus the greatest part is that it is completely shaded with these huge trees all around it. The park is actually part of the next development but I'll just pretend that I am part of the development if confronted ;)

Marc and I had taken the babies on the swings during the summer at another park and they liked it but both of them were more interested in biting the swing and you can all imagine the gross factor involved in that. There was no amount of distraction we could to get them to stop trying to bite it so we kind of gave up on the park.

Well today, it was cloudy and cool out so I took them for a walk to the park and put them in the swings and they LOVED it. I happened to have Anthony's superman shirt on and you can see it as he is on the swing with a big ol' grin. I can't remember the last time I have seen Aubrey this excited and happy. She was full of smiles and cute little excited faces as I pushed her. After dealing with Anthony not sleeping well at night this week, I really needed this. This has brightened up my whole week and reminded me how lucky I am to be a stay at home mom to these two amazing little babies :)


1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the photos. They are SO adorable. Sal used to do that with putting his mouth on the swing. I used to put something over the edge he did it so much.
Btw, Amelia was looking over my shoulder when I was reading your blog earlier and everytime she saw Anthony she'd say 'hi baby!' lol I think she has a crush on him!